Healthy Easter alternatives to Chocolate
Easter baskets are the key to healthy Easter gifts
Instead of relying on coloured tin foil wrapped chocolate eggs, why not create an Easter basket filled with healthy gifts?
There are all kinds of healthy treats you can use instead of chocolate. Why not try:
- Baking healthy biscuits like Banana biscuits or Oaty crisp biscuits.
- Dye your own real eggs to place in a pretty arrangement.
- Use brightly coloured plastic eggs that open up (you can usually buy them from local craft shops) and place a gold coin inside each egg.
- Make your own pastel-coloured Play Dough and roll it into an egg shape.
- Make egg-shaped cereal bars out of healthy whole grains.
Remind the kids that Easter bunny loves carrots
A bundle of fresh carrots or pre-cut carrot sticks wrapped in a decorative bag can be part of an Easter basket. Parents can also hide carrots along with chocolate eggs as part of the Easter egg hunt if you don’t want to overload them with too much chocolate.
Give gifts instead of chocolate
It’s no secret that plenty of people now give gifts rather than chocolate eggs. While it might make traditionalists recoil about the true meaning of Easter, an actual gift like a toy or book will last longer and be healthier than chocolate.